.HOST and .HOSTING now open for registration
The new era of gTLDs that overtook the domain name market some time ago brought to light two industry-specific TLDs – .HOST and .HOSTING.
The two TLDs represent a great way for web hosting providers to add a pinch of industry recognition to their online image.
Now you can build yourself up as an instantly recognizable name in the hosting industry by registering a unique .host/.hosting domain for your store.
Why register .HOSTING or .HOST for your store?
Needless to say, an industry-relevant extension like .HOST or .HOSTING should be a top-choice for your online presence. Since they are new to the market, however, their prices are still higher compared with the most sought-after TLDs. At the same time, this offers you a bigger choice of attractive names, which have not yet been taken by the competition.
Here is a list of the key advantages of .HOSTING & .HOST, which may help you decide if the ‘industry relevance-higher price’ tradeoff will pay off for you in the long run:
- Industry positioning – the .COM extension won’t say anything specific about your brand, while a .HOST/.HOSTING domain will clearly manifest the nature of your business and will work for your hosting company’s recognizability;
- Boosted credibility – your presence in this industry-specific namespace will signify that you are part of the global hosting community, which will automatically lend credibility to your brand;
- Better memorability – a hosting-specific extension will speak loud and clear about the nature of your business and will significantly increase brand recall;
- Increased brand visibility – you can now move your host/hosting keyword to the extension and leave space in your site name for more keywords that are relevant to your brand;
- Increased Competitiveness – with an industry-specific extension, your brand will take a huge step ahead of the .COM competition;
- Better search rankings – a .HOST/.HOSTING domain will also achieve a higher search engine position and will improve your SEO rankings in the industry-related search results;
- Decreased marketing costs – an industry-specific extension will help you slash your online marketing costs and reduce your heavy dependence on advertising;
Where are .HOSTING or .HOST available?
We have added both TLDs to your Reseller Control Panel, so you can take advantage of them at a preferential price.
NOTE: By default, the extensions are not available to your customers. However, if you want to start offering them (for instance, if you target VPS or dedicated server customers), you can enable them from the My Domain Offers section of your Reseller Control Panel.Originally published Friday, March 13th, 2015 at 3:12 pm, updated June 9, 2016 and is filed under The Free Reseller Program, Domain Names.
Tags: Domain Names, domain extensions, domain reseller, nTLDs