A TLD promo section added to the Reseller Control Panel
The option to enroll in the attractive holiday VPS promotion was well welcomed by most of you.
Now we are ready to expand the scope of service promotions with the addition of a TLD promo section in the Reseller Control Panel.
What are the TLD promotions all about?
Through the newly added promo section, you will be able to regularly enroll in attractive TLD promotions as soon as they are announced by the respective registries.
The discounts TLD registries often give are substantial and could reach up to 80% off the regular price.
There are no restrictions as to which TLDs could be discounted. In most cases, however, these would be generic domain extensions, including the recently introduced nTLDs, which will empower you to target a wider audience.
NOTE: The discounted prices are valid for the first year of registration only, since their main purpose is to help you attract new customers.
By offering appealing TLD promotions on your store, you will improve your chances of boosting the sales of your web hosting packages.
How do the TLD promos work?
Just like with the VPS promotion option you are already familiar with, you will see a newly added Domain Promotions tab in the Domain Manager section of your Reseller Control Panel:
Similar to the VPS promotions, you will see all active TLD promotions listed in a table:
You can select the TLD promotion you’d like to enroll in in the already familiar way.
Once you’ve enrolled in the desired promotion, you will need to allow a few minutes for it to be reflected on your store.
After that, you will be able to set your own custom prices based on the new discounted ones – from the Domain Prices section.
You will see two prices for each TLD – the promo registration price marked with an asterisk (*) right next to ‘Registration’: and the price the given domain can be renewed at when the promo period runs out.
NOTE: To have the new promo prices reflected on your store immediately, you will need to clear your store cache.
Which TLDs are currently on promotion?
Currently, there are a few TLDs on promotion, all of which are popular enough to help you make a good impression to your audience.
Below is a list of the domain name promotions you can now enroll in. You can also see the end date of each promotion:
What should I know about the promotions?
There are a few things to keep in mind about each promotion:
- The promo prices are valid for the first year of registration only. When a client renews their domain, they will be charged the regular domain renewal fee.
- If a client wants to register a domain for more than 1 year at a time, they will have to pay the regular registration price for the first year as well.
- If a client wants to transfer a domain, the regular registration price will be applied as well.
- The promo prices are valid both for domains registered at signup and for domains registered as an upgrade from the Control Panel.
- each TLD promotion runs for a fixed period, in most cases for 1-3 months, the exception being .WS whose period could be 1 year;
- after the end of the given promotion, your prices will be reverted back to the retail values set by you prior to enrolling in the promotion in question;
NOTE: We’ll be adding TLD promotions regularly, so stay tuned and keep an eye on our blog and on the News section in your Reseller Control Panel.
Originally published Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 at 4:35 pm, updated June 9, 2016 and is filed under Domain Names.