The Data Center in Eastern Europe – technical characteristics and interior/exterior overview
A week ago, we informed you about activating an option to select a data center in Eastern Europe on the web hosting order form.
The facility is located at a crossroad of many international telecom networks and offers great connectivity conditions for websites within the Eastern Europe region, including countries like:
Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Romania, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, the western regions of Russia, etc.
Here are the main technical characteristics of the TelePoint data center:
- Several fully redundant fiber optic lines with unique physical paths
- Multiple fiber optic providers, completely independant from each other, plus alternative providers for each node
- All racks can be physically locked or put inside a special cage for added security
- Fully independent N+1 220V AC A and B UPS adapters are available
- Fully independent N+1 48V A and B power supply units are available. The configurations start from 600 Amps.
- Multiple A and B diesel generators
- Multiple VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) units located inside the data center
- A fully redundant N+1 cooling system with hot aisle and cold aisle configurations
- Raised floors for better ventilation
- Per-device power consumption billing
- Flood protection through a modern Leak Detection System
- On-site security with access control points and video monitoring
- Several mantraps and 24/7 CCTV surveillance
- 24x7x365 on-site Mobile Camera Systems
- 24x7x365 Hands and Eyes Services
- 24x7x365 physical security
As a recognition for the provision of high-quality data storage and management services, the TelePoint data center has received an ISO:9001 Quality Management System certification and an ISO:27001 Information Security System certification. Here is a behind-the-scenes look at the facility:
TelePoint Data Center – cable installations above the racks:
TelePoint Data Center – the server rack cabinets:
TelePoint Data Center – the alternative A and B Diesel Generators:
TelePoint Data Center – a view from the outside:Originally published Thursday, July 17th, 2014 at 4:21 pm, updated November 19, 2015 and is filed under Web Hosting Platform.