A New European Data Center Available!
Several months ago, we were happy to announce the expansion of our data center network by contracting facilities in a top-class European Data Center. Due to the huge popularity that the UK Data Center, located in Maidenhead, Berkshire, gained over the following months, we decided to open our doors to another renowned European Data Center, so as to better match the growing web hosting demands of our customer from all around Europe. In result, we are today proud to announce the addition of another data center option to our, respectively your, offerings. So here it is – the new Data Center in Sweden is ready to make you even more competitive on the lucrative Scandinavian market! Usually, when starting to use the services of a new data center is associated with possible problems, however we have worked for several months to prepare for this release, eliminating all glitches and ensuring that all servers located there match our high criteria for speed, stability and performance. Here are some interesting facts about the new data center :
The new data center is currently available on all order forms: the order form in the “Buy Hosting Account” menu in the Reseller Control Panel
And in the order form on all of our templates and remote forms :Our Free Resellers can also set this data center as a default choice for their online stores. This is done via the Miscellaneous section in the Store Settings menu inside the Reseller Control Panel.This will not disable the rest of the data centers available, customers will still be able to make their data center choice on the order form, it will simply specify the Bahnhof data center as the default choice. We are also working on a special deta center tour, which will be used for the reseller templates and is to be completed in the following months. As soon as it’s ready, our blog readers will be the first to know. Originally published Thursday, March 19th, 2009 at 8:24 am, updated May 13, 2009 and is filed under Latest News.
- It used to be a Nuclear Bunker. That’s right, it was built during the Cold War to serve as a military bunker and a fallout shelter.
- It can survive a hydrogen bomb hit – being designed as a fallout shelter, it can withstand the near hit of a hydrogen bomb. Just for your knowledge, a hydrogen bomb can have a destructive power of more than 50 megatons (50 million tons of TNT), while the most of the nuclear bombs are in the 10 megaton range.
- The whole facility is powered by two german Maybach submarine engines, which can produce 1.5 Megawatt of power.
- The facility is inside a solid bedrock (granite) cave, 30 meters (100 feet) below the city of Stockholm, Sweden’s capital.
- It houses the Network Operations Center for one of Sweden’s biggest ISP – Bahnhof.
- The network has full redundancy with both fiber optics and extra copper lines with three different physical ways into the mountain. It’s one the best-connected places in northern Europe.
Tags: web hosting, reseller control panel, The Free Reseller Program, turn-key templates, remote froms, datacenter
March 5th, 2010 at 12:31 pm
[…] all of you, who have missed the news, we have a new data center in Europe – the Bahnhof datacenter in Stockholm, Sweden. Below you can see our video […]