cPanel reseller tutorials – the AwStats tool part 4
In the last part of the Awstats section review, we will look at the area that deals with keywords. Why is this important? Well, looking at the most frequent keywords, you will see what people are searching for to eventually get to your website. This can help you target your content according to the most frequently used keywords, or create more keywords and increase your site’s traffic.
Search Keyphrases (Top 10)This is a list of all the keyword phrases that are typed into a search engine and as a consequence the visitors successfully enter your site. A full list can be seen by clicking on ‘Full list’.
MiscellaneousThis group includes an estimate of how many people may have added your website to their ‘Favorites’ list.
HTTP Status codesThis is a list of the errors that occur while robots or visitors are trying to access your site. Some of the errors might include:
- missing files or links to the pages coded incorrectly with upper and lower case, or just a simple typo. If your site does not include a robots.txt file, robots.txt can be a common error too. But it is not crucial to have this file.
- There might be broken links. A link to an external site might be down due to a problem with the other site, or they may have removed the page.
- You might have removed a page from your site that a search engine is still referencing.
- ‘Partial Content’ means that the visitor might have clicked on another link before fully loading your page.
- ‘Unauthorized’ might mean that someone has tried to access a secure part of your site using an incorrect username and password.